Click on the images below to view The Visual Communication Guy’s good and bad resume posters.
More helpful tips can be found in Laszlo Bock’s article Five Errors That Immediately Get Your Resume Rejected at Google.
This short article appeared in my inbox this morning and with college tuition rising and some graduates having difficulties finding employment I thought I’d share. Click on the link below to read the article and infographic.
More Than a Degree (infographic)
The University of Alaska Southeast, Sitka Campus Fisheries Technology Occupational Endorsement program provides practical job-ready skills and knowledge in a reduced time commitment.
Just four web-based courses plus a hands-on intensive lab or internship!
The program offers two different areas of emphasis:
- Alaska Salmon Enhancement – provides training for individuals interested in Pacific salmon culture practices. Courses introduce the fundamentals of fisheries enhancement in Alaska, basic fisheries biology, and related field techniques essential for working in hatchery or other salmon enhancement positions.
- Fisheries Management – provides training for individuals interested in fisheries management. Courses introduce international and local fisheries management policy and law, fisheries economics, fish biology, and related field techniques as a working foundation for entry-level state or federal fisheries management positions.
Students can choose to complete the occupational endorsement with either emphasis. Both require either a 50-hour internship or a four-day intensive field/lab class.
This occupational endorsement online course work integrates with the Fisheries Technology Certificate and A.A.S. in Fisheries Technology programs.
Inquire about the Fisheries Programs and start classes this fall!
907-747-7717 or 800-478-6653 ext 7717
The FT OEs were created as part of the UAS Pathway to Employment Project is 100% funded through a $2,507,463 U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training Grant.
Digital Learning Now Infographic – Click on the image below to view.
US News reports: “As many as one in three first-year students doesn’t make it back for sophomore year. Reasons run the gamut from family problems and loneliness to academic struggles and a lack of money. “ So consider doing that critical first year right here in Sitka. Attend class with a cohort of your friends. Save money. Build confidence. Develop good study habits. And then transfer to the college of your choice with a high GPA, no debt, a clear sense of direction… and belief in yourself.
At the University of Alaska Southeast, Sitka Campus, we focus on these ingredients of student success:
- Full academic accreditation … our credits for GER courses are accepted at most colleges.
- Excellent professors who care, AND have time for you.
- Outstanding academic advisors.
- Free tutoring, plus excellent study opportunities with friends who are taking the same classes.
- Much lower costs. At less than $5000 per year*, our tuition costs a fraction of most other schools. It is very possible to attend Sitka Campus without debt.
How Sitka Start Works
Beginning Fall Semester 2014 a cohort of Sitka students will go through required Freshman classes together: science, math, English, and electives. To find out more, talk to our Student Success Center advisors. And remember: a good start is the most important ingredient for success in college… and life. Call 747-7717 to get STARTed!
* $5710/year – $1000 Stay on Track Scholarship = $4710 Average Cost
Download the Sitka Start Ad (pdf).
UAS Sitka Spring classes are about to start!
There’s still time to unleash your creativity with ART classes in wood carving, ceramics, or artist’s studio. Study fresh water in Fish Tech 270, or cold water survival in Education 593. Explore a law enforcement career in Justice 110, live better with The Science of Nutrition HS 203, or launch a new career in only one semester with CNA training HS 105!. Find your voice as a writer with English 110 or learn concise, professional writing with English 212. Study Global Geography in GEOL101… or a A Sense of Place: Alaska and Beyond HUM 120.
Monday, January 13 could be the day you jumpstart your career with classes from UAS Sitka. Math, statistics, human anatomy, computer literacy, databases, Tlingit language, carving, and metal working. Water safety… even yoga, golf, weight training and whole body workouts in the water… It’s all about to start this term at UAS Sitka Campus.
Call 1-800-478-6653 or 1-907-747-7700 to register or for more information!