The Tips for Student Success blog many resources available to help you succeed as an online learner! Not only do our weekly blog posts provide you with helpful information, our Tutorials, Blackboard Help, and Additional Resources sections have a wealth of information to support student learning and address specific college-level concepts and skills.
On our Tutorials page you can find short tutorials, ranging from 5 minutes to 25 minutes. Currently we have:
- What’s the Difference? UAS Online, UAOnline, Webmail Elmo…
- Getting Started in Your UAS Sitka Course
- Tips on How to Be An Engaged Online Learner
- Blackboard: Behind the Scenes
- Is Online Learning Right for Me?
- Create Posts in WordPress
- Edit Your Posts in WordPress
- Test Taking Tips
- Basic Grammar
- Email Etiquette
- How to Study
- Note Taking
- How to Write a Basic Essay
- Plagiarism – What It is And How to Avoid it
Our Blackboard Help page has tutorials created by the university as well as YouTube tutorials provided by Blackboard.
On the Additional Resources page you’ll find links to tutorials and helpful documentation for:
- Finding Sources
- Citing Sources
- What to Study in a Textbook
- Learning Styles
- MS Excel
If you haven’t subscribed to Tips for Student Success yet, consider signing up! You’ll get email notifications when we add more great resources. Don’t worry – we won’t flood your inbox! We post 1-3 times a week and you can choose if you want an immediate or weekly notification.