1. Save more! Set a goal of saving some of that summer job income or permanent fund dividend (PFD) during your first semester. Put it into a bank account. Check out some creative strategies to save, such as the envelope method or savings punch card.
2. Scholarships are for everyone! Search on your preferred university websites and online for scholarships. Ask friends, fellow students, community organizations, counselors and advisors, and the financial aid office about scholarship opportunities.
4. Use the home advantage! Save on college costs by living at home, taking online courses, or attending your local community college instead of going out-of-state.
5. Live like a student. Live like a student while you are in school so you don’t have to live like a student following graduation. Find the balance between needs and wants.
6. Be a College Finance Rock Star! Check out these college finance hacks through the Edvisors Network.
Need more help sorting out college finances? Contact Sitka Campus Financial Literacy Expert Joy Klushkan at (907) 747-7771, or email email@example.com.