01. Ask for letter(s) of recommendation before you need them.
02. Gather resources before starting the application process.
03. Keep a master list of all the scholarships you applied for.
04. Recycle essays!
05. Go through the big, tough scholarships too! They are often worth the effort.
06. Target small, local, or branded scholarships.
07. Don’t treat it like a lottery. Put some thought and effort into your application!
08. Read the scholarship directions completely!
09. Complete the scholarship application in its entirety.
10. Pick the right scholarships! Don’t apply for ones that don’t apply to you.
Need more help sorting out college finances? Contact Sitka Campus Financial Literacy Expert Joy Klushkan at (907) 747-7771, or email email@example.com.