Did you know that you don’t have to be on campus to get help from a tutor? The UAS Sitka Campus has tutoring services available for our e-Learning students!
David Felts is our writing assistant and English tutor. He offers tutoring by telephone, Email, online (Elluminate), and Skype. David can help you with:
- Getting started on a writing assignment (understanding the assignment, brainstorming, outlining).
- Editing for errors (copy editing suggestions, formatting issues, editing for content).
- Avoiding plagiarism (properly citing sources, following instructor recommended guidelines).
- Revising to meet instructors’ assignments.
Check out David’s schedule to find a time and tutoring format that works for you!
For those needing help with math, Stephanie Warpinksi can assit you via telephone, Email, online (Elluminate), and Skype. Her services cover:
- ACCUPLACER Placement Test review.
- Help with math study skills.
- Introductions to graphing calculators or Excel as class tools.
Stephanie’s contact information and schedule can be viewed online.
David and Stephanie are also available to assist students on campus. Visit them in the Student Success Center!