Another great resource from The Visual Communication Guy!
How It Works
Using the fan chart and by associating the numbers with the citation parts in the key to the right, you can cite nearly any source in MLA format. Here’s how:
1) Locate the type of source you are trying to cite within one of the four source categories: Books, Periodicals, Online Sources, or Other.
2) Identify the colored thread in the fan chart that is associated with your source.
3) Moving left to right in your source’s column of trapezoids, jot down each number.
4) Use the list below to match the number with the complete citation information for each number. Note: The punctuation in each numbered item is exactly as it should appear in your citation.
5) Fill out your citation in the proper order.
You can purchase the 30 x 20 poster by visiting the author’s online store.