RefME is a free web and mobile tool to generate citations, reference lists and bibliographies. With REfME you can:
- Create references with one click
- Reference in many styles including MLA, APA, and Harvard
- Scan book and journal barcodes to generate a reference (Get the app in the App Store or Google Play)
- Store your references in the cloud
Although this tool may make referencing easy, it shouldn’t replace knowing how to create references ‘by hand.’ We have many resources for you on our Additional Resources page under Citing Sources.
Review some popular note taking methods in the infographic below and be sure to check out our tutorial on Note Taking!
Find more education infographics on e-Learning Infographics
“You sit down at the computer, and you swear you’ll be productive. Next thing you know, it’s twelve hours later. You’ve checked your email, updated your Facebook status, browsed the trending topics on Twitter, read your RSS feeds, looked up your favorite band on Wikipedia, vanity googled yourself, cyber-stalked your ex, looked at all your high-school crushes’ Facebook photos, and lost a week’s pay playing online poker.”
Well you can fix all that with StayFocused! StayFocused is a customizable extension for Google Chrome that helps you be more productive by reducing time spent on distracting web sites. Try the extension and let us know how it works for you!
Learn how to harness the power of googling in the infographic below.
From: An Ethical Island (Thanks Mia!)
Spring break is not a new tradition and did not start in the US. Ancient Greeks and Romans practiced it.
Read about their traditions and the history of spring break through the years. Enjoy your week off!
Infographic by: Anna Young
We at UAS are excited to share our plans for this Thursday’s big Open House event!
There is Something for Everyone
- High school seniors, juniors and sophomores
- Parents\working adults who are thinking about furthering their education
- Anyone interested in studying abroad or in the lower 48 states
- UAS students or prospects who want to learn more about fall/winter housing options on the SJ campus
Demonstrations and Participatory Events
- Study Away – National and international student exchange opportunities (Go to school anywhere through UAS at UAS prices!)
- Biology – Dissections of the eye and brain with Professors Marnie Chapman and Jon Martin
- Fish Tech – Dissection with Professor Reid Brewer
- Art – Formline design with Mark Sixbey
- Art – Screen print your own T-shirt! (1 shirt free to each visitor while supplies last!)
- Career and Technical Education – Construction opportunities with Pat Hughes
- English – Film clip study and discussion
- Medical Assisting – A brand new program starting in the fall with Dr. Paul Bahna
- Nurse Assistant and Pre-Nursing – Demos with instructor Shelley Adams
Staffed Information Tables for Career Information
- Fish Tech – Barb Morse and Alex Najduchs
- Health Information Management – A hot career and the biggest program we offer with program director and professor Leslie Gordon
- Law Enforcement – Chief Sheldon Schmitt
- Paying for College – User friendly insights from our Student Success Center advisor, David Felts
- The new Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees – David Felts and Cheryl Stromme
- Dual Enrollment – How to save a lot of money by attending college during high school
- Sitka Start – How to save a lot of money and gain confidence by attending your first year of college here
Freebies and Giveaways!
- Screen print your own T-shirt
- Door prizes – Cash, gift baskets, wearables, etc.
- Food – Hot dogs and more lovingly cooked on the grill by Bob Love!
Here’s a schedule of all the exciting things that will be going on. We look forward to seeing you!
In honor of Career and Technical Education month, the UAS Sitka Campus will host an Open House on Thursday, March 12, from 4:00-7:00 pm.
Experience classroom demonstrations in Film Studies, Ceramics, Microbiology, Law Enforcement, CNA, Nursing, Welding, and more!
Discover the many programs we offer and how you can complete a degree online.
Learn about Sitka Start, our exciting chance to get a smart start to your college education with highly personalized, small class sizes, and special local scholarships for your first year of college!
And there will be campus tours, door prizes, and free food for attendees! For more information, please call 747-7717.
UAS Sitka Campus Open House
- Thursday, March 12, 2015
- 4:00 – 7:00 pm
- UAS Sitka Campus, 1332 Seward Ave.